Acrylic on canvas
14 x 22 inches (35.6 x 55.9 cm)
This work is included in the Sam Francis: Catalogue Raisonné of Canvas and Panel Paintings, 1946–1994, with number SFF.1763, edited by Debra Burchett-Lere and published by the University of California Press 2011, and alternatively registered with the Sam Francis Foundation under archive number SFP94-83.
Estate of the Artist
Galleri Faurschou, Copenhagen
Acquired by the present owner from the above in 1994
Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Sam Francis: The Last Works, May – September 1995 Copenhagen, Galleri Faurschou, Sam Francis: The Last Works, March – June 1999, pp. 12 – 13, illustrated
Exh. Cat., Los Angeles, Museum of Contemporary Art, Sam Francis: Paintings 1947 – 1990, 1999, cat. no. 51, p. 57, illustrated Exh. Cat., Mendrisio, Switzerland, Museo d’Arte, Sam Francis, 1997, pp. 20 – 21, illustrated Exh. Cat., Paris, Galerie Nationale du Jeu de Paume, Sam Francis: Les années parisiennes 1950 – 1961, 1995, p. 39, illustrated